Irish Agricultural Museum
Housed in the Johnstown Castle Estate’s farm courtyard buildings, the Irish Agricultural Museum displays one of the most comprehensive exhibits of farming and rural life in Ireland. The Museum which has been open for over forty years, now consists of 19 different exhibitions – everything from tractors to country kitchens.
- Admire the large collection of beautifully restored tractors, carts, ploughs, threshing machines, stationary engines and dairy equipment
- See recreated workshops of traditional trades including blacksmith, cooper and wheelwright
- Learn about ‘The Great Famine’ through an exhibition which vividly reveals what life was like before, during and after the famine
- Enjoy the largest display of Irish country furniture
- Compare farmhouse kitchens through the ages
- Take part in quizzes and trails (suitable for children)